Impact & Results
Admission rates over the past 3 years:
- We have admitted approximately 2 new mothers per month.
- We have admitted 413 babies over the past three years.
- Over 60% of these were babies whose mothers died.
- 23% of these were multiple births (twins or triplets).
- 15% of babies were reported low birth weight.
- Based on population studies in sub-Saharan Africa, the baseline survival rates:
- for orphaned infants is between 20-40%
- for multiples 75%
- Over 95% of the babies enrolled in our program survive.
- A donation of $1500 results in one death averted.
Other facts about our clients:
- Of babies, 53 were HIV positive.
- Of mothers, 12% (12 of 104) were HIV positive.
- For the 413 babies, nurses made 5,765 visits to see them in their homes.